Monday, September 29, 2008

motorcyle trip

Our trip through the mountains of WV & VA was this past weekend. There were 10 bikes total. It ended up raining pretty much the whole time. The sun finally came out yesterday for about 2 hours once we were almost to Ohio. (of course!) I wasn't really cold, I had on plenty of layers! We wore our rain suits almost the whole time so we didn't get wet either. The 1st day we rode to Covington, VA where we spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express. We walked down the hill to dinner at a little place called Belly Up. The food was pretty good, cheap too. After dinner Roger went and bought tons of beer, wine, & chips. He came to our door w/ the biggest box full of stuff, it was so funny. He even got plastic cups! For those who do not know Roger, he is a guy that we met on our cruise. He lives in Richmond, VA. He drove to OH to meet us to drive back to VA. He had to work Sunday so he drove straight home from the hotel. Mod went with us on this trip last year, so I really missed him this year! It just wasn't the same. I could have done without the rain too. Last year it was 85 & sunny and we went a week later even. You just never know about the weather. My whole body hurts right now, I think I am going to take some ibuprofin before bed.

No comments: